Thursday, December 29, 2011

Let Go.

It's rather difficult for me to keep up with this blog....simply because I don't always think about writing. Probably the same way I don't think about needing to sit down and write a song or other writings that I'm working on.

My life the past 2 months  (approx.) has been busy place. I'm not complaining, but my body is ....I have come down with a cold and am just not feeling up to par. I am taking time this weekend to rest and try to knock this sickness out of my body before I head up to ATL for the Passion Conference.

I went to Ga for Christmas. It was a blessed time spent with my closest friends, a few new ones, in ministry, and with my family. This is the first Christmas I have spent where I'm not living in my parents house. I had so much more quality time with family and friends this Christmas than I have ever had. It was simply wonderful! And being reunited with some family that I have not seen in a long while was the highlight of my vacation! God has been so gracious.

A little update on my job:

I am still just part time and gaining other income with playing gigs at church or in other ministry. The Lord is taking care of me here. I am going to need another Job during the summer though because my part time job as a teacher does not go for 12 months. The contract is over in May...therefore I'm looking for a job for the summer and Lord willing for next year as well. My heart's desire would be to be able to get a job at church where I would be more available for ministry and to work on writing. Over the past 6 months since being here the Lord has focused my heart and shown me more specifically where my passion is. He actually showed me last year at the passion conference, but has reminded me again in the past few months. I have such a passion for students (especially College age girls) and an even greater one for leading worship! So I am praying about a job. I know the Lord is going to take care of me and I must keep trusting him that he will take care of my needs. We shall see what His plan is.

I have to get my tag for my car very soon too! It's crazy how I may not have the money right now, but I am looking forward to see how the Lord provides it. He provides for all my needs!

I am learning to let go of the things I cannot control and just watch the Lord do what He wants. It's hard sometimes, but If we trust him with everything (even the little things) , we will be blown away by miracles every day! If we realize that our lives are not our own, and we were not put on this earth for ourselves, then we will trust him and we WILL see miracles and signs and wonders. It's not about us at all and how things are going in our lives each day. It's about Him and how we can be involved in the advancement of His Kingdom everyday. Let us get our eyes off of ourselves and onto the Lord. Let us fall madly in Love with our Savior King and follow Him with our lives. Let us obey Him because we are in Love with Him! Let us live holy because He is Holy and we adore Him! Let us trust Him because He is trustworthy!

I think that's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Sharon! I love you & I'm praying for God's will in your life. I know he has great plans for you & I can't wait to see them unfold. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete